Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

photo adventures

I'm currently doing research on how we recall memories and share stories through the medium of photographs. I'm especially interested in the tangible photo over the digital one which is why I have focused my research on analogue photography esp. Polaroid (which is making a huge comeback thanks to the Impossible project, might I add). For research purposes, and of course due to an incredible personal interest, I picked up a sweet little Polaroid Land Camera of my own.

Amid my online searches I came across the following two websites that I think are definitely worth checking out. They both got me smiling big time.
First: www.irinawerning.com
Within this site you will find photos of 'then and now'. It's such a fun concept. Here is a sample of what you will find over there:
Sander 1983 & 2011 Rotterdam Photographs © Irina Werning [source]


Secondly: www.dearphotograph.com
The idea behind dear photograph is to take an old photo, hold it up in front of the same exact location and take a picture of it. I simply love the nostalgic value in this idea, people have been triggered to dig through their old photo albums and share a story along with a cool 'new' photo. 
ps. the founder of Dear Photograph is a mere 22 years old and is from Kitchener, Ontario of all places. Congratulations go out to him on his success with this adorable blog.
[source]


No comments:

Post a Comment