Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

a typewritten vlog post


I found this amazing antique typewriter for pennies at the second hand shop and guess what.. it works! 
I made up this video to share a small oath I made to my typewriter. 'Dear Typewriter' is my twist on a vlog I hope you enjoy it.


ps. any typewriter experts out there, can you please tell me what the function of this is:

pss. I also just wanted to share two of the things that I love about this typewriter:
(1.) It has a Dutch keyboard! Yes, it is not much different from the Canadian keyboard other than the fact that it has an 'ij' key :) The 'ij' is one of my favourite elements of the Dutch language (weirdo alert) I love Dutch words that contain the 'ij', I think these sort of weird fascinations come along with learning a new language. Or maybe it's just me.

(2.) In researching the model, I came across this advertisement. 
I love the slogan "New Post War Model" 
For me the poster creates an ambiance and a context for the typewriter.
 I hope you have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. hey Jacquelyn,

    I'm a bit of a newby on Google+ and saw your post accidentally.

    No idea what the ?-hole in the typewriter is. I suggest to do a creative call. Here's a start: it's a reset button!

    Some suggestions for next oaths written with the Bar-Lock:

    'hello world' ; just Wikipedia on "Hello world program" and the subject will unfold I guess

    IJ ; this is water near Amsterdam as you know I guess; bring to machine to the water front, install yourself, listen to the seagulls and start hitting the IJ button [or write something real]

    Enjoy the smell of Type-Ex in the air!

    KR, Sander Mulder

    ReplyDelete