Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Learning Processing

Flashback
In my first year of Industrial Design we used Daniel Shiffman's book 'Learning Processing - A beginner's Guide to Programming Images, Animation, and Interaction' to learn basic programming for designers. Skip ahead to today and I'm up for a refresher. This book provides an excellent introduction to programming concepts that can be carried forward into many interactive digital projects. One of the first exercises in the book is to create a character using simple shapes. I decided to make this little robot friend.


I then used the robot to create the following pattern. I love the way it turned out. I think it could be a really cool textile print. I would sew it into a clutch bag or something! If there's anyone out there who knows how to print an image like this onto textile please contact me or leave me a link in the comments;)





Robots by Dan Mangan on Grooveshark

Don't forget that robots need love too:) I love this Dan Mangan track.

1 comment: